Communication with the capital market
The Company makes efforts to ensure efficient communication with the external environment. With a view to reaching a broad group of addressees, the Company uses both conventional and advanced modern tools of communication with the capital market community. It arranges real-time online broadcasts (with simultaneous interpretation into English) of media conferences organised after each important event at the Company, such as the release of quarterly results or a strategy announcement, and of the proceedings of the PKN ORLEN General Meetings. Video recordings of conferences are archived on the Company's website, available for retrieval at any time.
The Company holds regular meetings with investors and analysts in Poland and abroad. It organises conferences, one-on-one and group meetings, as well as conference calls with capital market stakeholders. The Company’s representatives also regularly organise roadshow meetings with investors in Poland and abroad. But investors and analysts interested in the Company’s operations may also join in site visits at production plants and other locations where PKN ORLEN conducts production or trading activities, to get a better insight into the Company’s business.
PKN ORLEN also organises Investor and Analyst Days, during which thematic workshops are conducted by Management Board members, executive directors and selected other managers to present various aspects of the Company’s activity.
During such meetings, PKN ORLEN representatives not only presents information on the Company, but also receive feedback from shareholders, investors and equity analysts. Such feedback helps the Company better understand the information requirements of the market – and thus develop and improve its relations with this group of stakeholders.
Key initiatives undertaken by PKN ORLEN for its shareholders and investors in 2015 included:
- Payment of dividend of PLN 1.65 per share;
- Organisation of the Investor and Analyst Day in Warsaw and at the construction site of the Włocławek CCGT unit;
- PKN ORLEN’s participation in the ‘Shareholder Democracy. Informed Investments’, education campaign for retail investors, including involvement in the development of an on-line training course for retail investors on investing in fuel companies;
- Meetings with investors – meetings with 307 representatives of financial institutions (including 130 Polish and 177 foreign ones), participation in 11 investor conferences
Capital market participants appreciate the Company’s efforts, as reflected in the awards and distinctions received by the Company in 2015:
- PKN ORLEN ranked second among institutional investors in the investor relations survey covering the WIG30 companies, organised by the Gazeta Giełdy i Inwestorów Parkiet daily and the Polish Chamber of Brokerage Houses
- The Company maintained its presence in the 9th edition of the Respect Index,
- PKN ORLEN ranked in the top three of Polish listed companies that best report their ESG (non-financial) data, among WIG20 and mWIG40 companies and energy sector companies, according to the third edition of a ranking list compiled by the Polish Association of Stock Exchange Issuers, GES and Crido Business Consulting,
- For the third time running, PKN ORLEN received The Best of The Best special award in the Best Annual Report 2014 competition organised by the Accounting and Tax Institute. In the same contest we also received an award for the Best Online Annual Report, and a special distinction for the Integrated Report.