Capital expenditure by segment [PLNm]
The key projects pursued in 2015 included:
- PKN ORLEN: construction of CCGT units in Włocławek and Płock, a catalytic flue gas denitrification and dust removal unit and flue gas desulfurisation unit, construction of a metathesis unit, upgrade of the fractional distillation unit DRW IV, increasing white product yield, upgrade of automatic loading stations, replacement of furnace convection sections at the Olefins II unit, upgrade of the fuel system at the CHP plant, projects designed to improve efficiency of the PTA plant and increase the possibilities of railway transport of fuels at the Ostrów Wielkopolski Fuel Depot.
- ORLEN Lietuva Group: replacement of tube coils at the Visbreaking unit.
- Unipetrol Group: reconstruction of the ethylene unit, construction of a polyethylene unit (PE3), upgrade of the T700 CHP plant involving reconstruction and modification of boilers to adapt them to the new NOx emissions reduction technology, upgrade of the hydrocracking unit, reconstruction of the pyrolysis furnace.
- ANWIL Group: infrastructural projects related to the CCGT unit in Włocławek, upgrade of the furnace in reforming unit and the synthesis gas compressor.
- Launch of 56 service stations (including CODO stations: 22 in Poland, 11 in Germany and 1 in the Czech Republic).
- Opening of 154 Stop Cafe and Stop Cafe Bistro locations in Poland.
- Upgrade of 65 service stations (including CODO stations: 40 in Poland, 3 in the Czech Republic and 2 in Germany).
- Preparation of new wells to launch production in Canada.
- Exploratory and appraisal activities on licences held in Poland.
- IT projects.
- Administrative projects related to the buildings used.
Capital expenditure, by market [%]
The ORLEN Group manages the structure of its capital expenditure taking into account the market environment and focuses on the most effective projects.
Potential acquisitions in Poland and other markets will depend on the current market and financial situation, as well as the attractiveness of the target assets.