GRI Index: G4-14
Integrated Management System
Responsible growth is among the priorities of the CSR 2015–2017 Strategy. To achieve this, in 2014 a ‘management by values’ system was implemented, and strategic risk management became one of the projects executed as part of the CSR Strategy.
PKN ORLEN is committed to supplying highest-quality products to its customers, while striving to make its operations as neutral to the natural environment as possible, to achieve superior energy efficiency, and to maintain high OHS and information security standards. To deliver on that promise, the Company has in place the Integrated Management System (IMS), consistently perfected and developed.
In 2015, work continued to standardise the Management Systems across the ORLEN Group.
The Integrated Management System comprises:
- Information Security Management System based on PN-ISO/IEC 27001:2014
- International Sustainability & Carbon Certification System (ISCC EU),
- Factory Production Control System (ZKP),
- HACCP System compliant with Codex Alimentarius standards.
In 2015, the Group’s compliance with all implemented standards was confirmed, and the Information Security Management System was recertified for compliance with the new PN-ISO/IEC 27001:2014 standard.
The ISCC EU System and Factory Production Control System (ZKP) were implemented and integrated with the then operating management systems.
Work was continued, commenced in 2014, to implement the Energy Management System based on the ISO 50001 standard, witha pilot Energy review being one of the steps taken as part of the project.
As part of roll-out of the HACCP System across the Group, the System standards were implemented at around 250 DOFO service stations.
In December 2015, the IMS Policy was updated and issued; it outlines the Company’s IMS objectives consistent with the corporate strategy.
Integrated Management System Policy
Polski Koncern Naftowy ORLEN S.A. is one of the largest companies in fuel and energy sector in Central and Eastern Europe. Following our mission „By discovering and processing natural resources, we fuel the future”, we declare delivery of products and services of the highest quality to our Customers, while, at the same time, striving to achieve maximum possible environmental neutrality, energy efficiency and high security standards.
We follow the principle of corporate social responsibility, which means for us that by fulfi lling business strategy we are always aware that the growth of the Company’s value shall comply with environmental business in which we work and rely on sustainable and responsible use of resources.
Acting in ORLEN Capital Group we implement the strategy of building a strongly integrated concern, supported by effi cient energy and own raw materials exploitation. By keeping a leading market position, a trustworthy and professional partner, who operates in compliance with corporate governance, sustainable development and corporate social responsibility, as well as acting on the basis of the Integrated Management System, we undertake to observe the following Values we have adopted.
Płock, December 21st 2015
- We prevent industrial accidents, identify environmental aspects resulting from technological processes and minimize negative impact on the environment, human health and safety.
- We achieve compliance with standards and law in force as well as fulfi l other commitments recognised by PKN ORLEN S.A.
- We properly secure processed information with respect to its confi dentiality, integrity and availability in accordance with the best functioning standards and practices within information security.
- We strive to continuous improvement of the energy balance of carried out processes, by focusing eff orts on rational energy consumption in particular.
- We ensure access to information regarding Company’s impact on natural environment, actions undertaken within occupational health and safety improvement and exercising good practices of Responsible Care Programme.
- We monitor development directions within technological, application and pro-ecological properties of manufactured products. We undertake actions considering Customers’ needs in this respect.
- We increase operational perfection by continuous improvement of key performance indicators of realised processes and undertake effi cient corrective and preventive actions.
- We count on innovation, searching for new development directions, co-operation with research institutions, investing in new technologies.
- We ensure raising qualifi cations of our employees, developing awareness and promoting attitudes increasing engagement and dynamism in acting to fulfil expectations of our Customers, environmental protection, improve working conditions and information processing security.
- We care of raising occupational health and safety standards and improve hazard recognition methods, work accidents and occupational diseases prevention. We implement ergonomic solutions to reduce workplaces nuisance and occupational risk.
- We create conditions to safe, energetic and enthusiastic performance of duties.
- We dynamically engage in new businesses, which, enhanced by mutual synergy, result in growth of company’s competitiveness and stimulate us to move forward.
- We develop mutual communication and select our suppliers to provide continuous supply of raw materials and services.
- We monitor changes and ensure our business continuity.
- We co-operate with contractors and suppliers having competences required by the Company and complying with applicable quality, energy consumption, environmental protection, fi re and occupational health and safety, process safety, and information security standards.
- We identify and eliminate potential food safety hazards.
We translate our Company’s strategy into current and future development programmes and other measures undertaken on the basis of the Integrated Management System implemented in compliance with PN–EN ISO 9001, AQAP 2120, PN–EN ISO 14001, PN–N–18001, PN–ISO/IEC 27001, Codex Alimentarius, Directive 2009/28/EC, PN–EN ISO/IEC 17025 and being implemented PN–EN ISO 50001 and PN–EN ISO 22301 requirements. We declare to continue measures aiming at harmonising and improving the principles regarding the functioning of the Integrated Management System in the Company.
Audits − external and internal verification of the Integrated Management System
In January 2015, Polskie Centrum Badań i Certyfikacji S.A. (PCBC) carried out a certification audit of the Production Control System. The audit covered the Płock-based organisational units involved in comprehensive control and monitoring of preparation, production and release for sale of road bitumens and modified polymers, manufactured in compliance with the following European standards:
- Road bitumens: Standard PN-EN 12591 ‘Bitumen and bituminous binders − Specifications for paving grade bitumens’,
- Polymer modified bitumens: Standard PN-EN 14023 ‘Bitumen and bituminous binders − Specification framework for polymer modified bitumens’.
The audit did not reveal any non-compliance and the compliance certificates for the Production Control System were maintained.
In May 2015, Bureau Veritas Polska (BV) carried out a surveillance audit of the Integrated Management System, while the Quality Certification Centre (Centrum CertyfikacjiJakości, CCJ) of the Military University of Technology conducted a surveillance audit of the AQAP-2120 Quality Management System. The audits did not reveal any non-compliance. Correctness of the System operation was confirmed the validity of the certificates of compliance of the Integrated Management System with the requirements of the PN-EN ISO 9001:2009, PN-EN ISO 14001:2005, PN-N-18001:2004 and AQAP 2120:2009 standards was maintained. The System’s compliance with the requirements of the new PN-ISO/IEC 27001:2014 standard was also confirmed.
In June 2015, Bureau Veritas Polska’s auditors carried out an ISCC certification audit, in accordance with the Renewable Energy Directive. The audit did not reveal any non-compliance, andour operations were certified to be compliant with the Renewable Energy Directive and ISCC EU Certification System (EU-ISCC-Cert-PL214-28012406) endorsed by the European Commission.
In 2015, there were 584 audits of the IMS, 15 audits of compliance of the CO2 emissions monitoring system, 15 audits at product vendors and service providers, and five audits of the ISCC.
Management systems at the ORLEN Group
In 2015, work continued to standardise Management Systems across the ORLEN Group with a view to harmonising the management model with the growth strategy of PKN ORLEN as a regional leader in Central Europe which builds its value through efficiency improvement, rational investments and growth in new areas.
The Group companies implemented IMS initiatives based on the Management System Guidelines for the ORLEN Group and the certification timetable for their respective Management Systems.